Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Julie joined us...

One of the reasons I originally started this blog was to write about stuff that I often take for granted but are actually things I love about the every day life. My first post was about showering, nothing like a nice warm shower. Today, I have two words for you... family nap.

We got home late last night from a magical Christmas Eve with Julie's extended family and of course we were up early upon discovering Santa had stopped by to do his thing. Everyone was happy and so was I. Julie went to church with the kids, her mother and brother while Auntie and I stayed behind. We talked religion, politics and other taboo topics because we're close like that. We met up for breakfast and then were home by noon. We still had gifts for each other so Lily played the role of Santa and handed them out one at a time. Just like Christmas Eve and Christmas morning, the laughs and smiles were bountiful.

Around 2 o'clock there was no more gifts and some heavy eyes so the kids and I all laid down for an afternoon winter siesta. To my surprise Julie joined us. She NEVER partakes in these times of selfish delight because she always has something to do. Today was different and today was magic, all 5 of the GuatOpians laid together for a family nap. All was calm, all was right.

And now we eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment