Tuesday, December 18, 2012

enCOuRagEment...

So my week hadn't started off all that well.  I'm not sure if it's the holidays or my job or me... check that, it's just me.  Yesterday I got someone else's shit dumped on me first thing, then heard about some serious shit another is dealing with, and add on my own shit and it's a pretty good recipe for a shitty day.  However, there were 3 moments that seared / saved me yesterday and another already this morning.  I'm guessing the "senders" might not even know they helped, but I sure felt it.  They gave me enCOuRagEment - a fucking magical thing if you let it in.

The first came from a long-time rudder building courage in me to write more - check.  The second came from a strong professional who is growing in confidence regardless of title - crazy growth happening with this one - she reminded me of the big picture and how we've had a great year considering all the shit that's been thrown our way. In fact, I went into her office again this morning for just a little more of that and it flowed naturally.  The third came from my oldest friend and confidant, one who has been with me through it all, literally from the beginning.  He reminded me, as he often does because it's his tendency that all's good.

For me, my tendency is was that, all's not good. Rumination, anxiety, worry are all where my brain wants to go.  I've learned and accepted this within the last couple of years and worked my ass off trying to build a strong inner core that matters... to me.  What's been amazing about this journey is how easy it is to get off track and on the flip side how a little enCOuRagEment goes a long way in bringing my CORE back into focus.

What a good thing to know, what a hard thing to let in.  God help me take in more courage from others so that I can continue to grow and hopefully give a little back.

No comments:

Post a Comment