Sunday, February 10, 2013

Unbearable and Supernatural

Friday was one for the books. A dear friend of mine came to share some serious magic shit with me. While we've only known each other for some 7 years, we've grown up together.

I met this person early in my professional career. I was SO young and naive and unclear and... not a leader of myself first and foremost. We went through a lot of shit together and alone. We built each other up and tore each other down. We agreed to be truth tellers and sought for that truth to come from love but it wasn't always that easy, that's where the depth of our friendship came. Truth hurts AND it sets you free, poison and wine.

Near the end of our day to day time together, things got really tough. We'd both realized one of our paths needed to change. This was not the easy choice, doing the right thing usually isn't. It would have been so much easier, and even probably been 'OK', had we not done anything at all. But that is not what either of us want for ourselves and each other. We want purpose, happiness, fulfillment, joy... and the truth was, making the decision to go after that was one of the hardest things I've had to do in my professional career.

That is until Friday when it came full circle and I saw first hand how the choice to face your fear can bring a new life. Words couldn't begin to describe the energy and change that happened in a little over a month. I couldn't believe what I was hearing but then again it felt perfect and right. My friend changed their life, grabbed the chronic pain by the throat and said "enough". My friend came to officially say goodbye but ended up leaving a lifelong lasting mark on my soul. The pain involved in facing your shit is unbearable and the courage is supernatural. I got a front row seat at this fellow builders journey and for that I will be forever grateful.

Thank you my friend and good luck. Don't stop believing that this life can give you more than we deserve and you deserve every bit of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment