Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Fruxtrations and Perfiction

Frustration is a funny thing, perhaps I should call it fruxtration. I wiki'ed "frustration" and found this:

"In psychology, frustration is a common emotional response to opposition. Related to anger and disappointment, it arises from the perceived resistance to the fulfillment of individual will. The greater the obstruction, and the greater the will, the more the frustration is likely to be."

Did you see it? There is one word that should free us all from being frustrated. It's right there in black and white and I tend to forget it more than I remember (which is why I'm writing about it :-). Ready for it? THIS IS HUGE...

perceived

Now go back and reread the wiki quote and key in on that word. Whats it say? Whats it mean? Frustration comes when there is a perception that something will stand in the way of the things we want. I generally recognize other people's perception as their reality. But my perception is something I can control if I continually challenge it. Most of the time when I have done this, I've found there was no real obstruction to the fulfillment of my will.

Remember David, frustration comes from fear, fear that someone or something is standing in your way. The way past fear is to face it. Go right into it and validate that facts from the perfiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment