Saturday, January 19, 2013

First call to Uncle Vin

Lily was riding her scooter at the park, hit a huge crack while coasting down a small hill and flipped over the front. First big wipe out. Per the protocol, I was able to manage the situation by talking about Uncle Vin, how brave he is and how proud he would be if she were to get right back on. She did.

When we got home she asked to call and tell him her story. They exchanged words like two vets and I could see her badge of courage solidifying itself on her chest. When they got off the phone she grabbed a wet towel, wiped her knees and asked for the medicine. I went to apply and she said, "I got it".

My mouth is permanently frozen in the open position, with a slight smile coming off the corners. She learned so much today about herself, her Uncle Vin and the power of getting up after you fall and trying again.

Pay attention David.

No comments:

Post a Comment