Thursday, December 30, 2010

She danced for me...

So I had a moment this morning that I hope I never forget. Julie had to take Miles to the pulmonologist and so I stayed home with Lily and Stella. As Lily puts it, "Dad, we get to have special Daddy / Daughters time! You love that don't you?" No answer needed.

The morning started off with Lily and I getting married and having a baby from Ethiopia. I of course was a prince and Lily was a peasant girl I fell in love with - which means she is now a princess and must dress like one. It never gets old. To look the part, she put on an old dance outfit she had from last year which doubled as her tooth fairy halloween custom accompanied by a sparkly tooth purse, a wand with silver streamers and a crown.

She asked me to put on a song so that she could dance for me. It was a magical moment. There, dancing before me, was my little angel. I could envision her dancing on her wedding day and praying that I will remember this moment. I wanted to remember how she danced... she danced honestly, whole-heartedly, sincerely and lovingly. She wasn't afraid or worried about how she looked, she was "all-in" in the moment.

I have a lot to learn from my kids. Talk about modeling the way... I could be so strong. I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment