Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Soldier Ready

I have to do something this next week that I wouldn't normally want to do. For one, I'm traveling - hate traveling any time, to go any where. Two, it's over a 20 hour flight. Three, it's not the nicest of places. Four, I hate traveling.

Why am I doing this? I'm bringing home my Stella.

When we decided to adopt again and began narrowing our country of focus - these necessities I mentioned above weighed heavy on me. However, we felt in our hearts this is where our daughter was and we moved forward.

As the day to go get her has gotten closer and the reality of what we are doing - where we are going - has become a reality, my emotions were all over the place. However, I was given perspective yesterday that has focused me completely.

My brother said that I have to look at this like a rescue mission. You need to go over there, get your daughter and bring her home safe and sound. Something clicked with this mindset. All of the "woe is me" feelings I was having were completely overshadowed by the sense of immediacy and importance of what I needed to do.

While I by no means am claiming to have the honor and dignity of a true soldier, this is my calling - this is my objective - this is my mission. I am ready to put my self, my feelings, my wants, wishes and comforts aside to do my part. Am I nervous - yes... do I wish there was an easier way - hell yes... is there anything that will stop me - only God calling me home.

I won't be posting for a week or so because I'll be on my mission and then after that, I'll be falling madly in love with my new little baby girl.

BITE life

No comments:

Post a Comment