Monday, December 14, 2009

How much do you love me?

Sorry for the hiatus from blogging, I got insecure about a couple of different things, but now I'm good.

I give my kids a bath usually every other day (or so). It's a fun way for us to connect since I really only see them for a couple of hours every day during the week. They both do something that cracks me up but to me there is deeper meaning behind their actions.

When it's their turn to get washed, I lay them down on their back to get their hair wet. When I stand them up to wash their hair and body, water starts to fall from their head across their face. Without fail they will take their face and rub it on whatever shirt I'm wearing to keep the water from going in their eyes. 55% of the time there is no reason to do this.

When this first happened about 2 years ago, my daughter Lily was only 2 and much more afraid of water on the face and in the eyes. I'll never forget when she started crying because she was sure the water would hurt. I instinctually grabbed her and pulled her close and rubbed her face on my shirt. She looked at me with surprise because she could see I was soaked. When I didn't react negatively, she was perplexed in a 2 year old kind of way. From that day on, it's become our little love test.

How much does Daddy love me? How willing is he to make sure I'm OK? Let's just say, I'm all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment