Monday, March 2, 2009

Special Visits

About once every month my wife surprises me and stops by the office with our 2 kids. Well, today was one of those lucky days. I can always hear them coming from a mile away but I still act surprised when they pop their heads into my doorway.

It's amazing how my spirit changes when I see their smiling, happy faces. I instantaneously snap out of my "business mind" and turn into "Dad". I love that moment because it's such a great way to remember who we are and what our purpose on life should be. Don't get me wrong - I do need to work, I do need to be good at my job, I do need to like my job. But my job is the ends to justify the life I live and love.

So the next time you need to transition from "business mind" to "Dad or Mom", BITE life and go 'all in' on the parent roll. You'll feel the difference between the two mindsets but your kids will feel it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment