Monday, March 9, 2009

Anything New

Today we had a guy start work at my office. He's in a fairly high level position and so he is being introduced to everyone. I can just imagine what must be going through his head: Will I like this place? Do they like this place? Do I fit in? What do they think of me? etc. etc. etc. - All the questions you probably asked yourself on the first day of anything new.

As I sat back and watched him I realized how wonderful of an experience this can be if you embrace it for what it's worth. A chance to start anew? That doesn't come around very often. I'm not implying that you become someone all together different but you do get a fresh start to be a "better" vesion of you. How many of those opportunities do you get in your life today?

BITE life and go try something new. Go meet new people, go learn to play an instrument, go try new food. Don't sit back in the comfort of your day-to-day familiar life - expand it.

No comments:

Post a Comment