Monday, November 29, 2010

Who am I, what I believe and the key ingrediants


Who am I:
Born in 1973, the middle brother of 5 left handed boys
An emotional, passionate seeker of wisdom AND truth
Married in 2001 to Julie, a tenderhearted spitfire AND my soul mate
Father to the world’s greatest 3 kids
Liberal AND Conservative
Hungry to grow my often fixed mind
A maximizer AND over-thinker
yfooG
A good heart but also a sinner who needs lots of grace
William Wallace and Bruce Almighty
Favorite sports are futbol and football
Need lots of work on how I argu… I mean, debate issues
Terrible chronological memory but a good relational one
Prefer to figure out conceptually how things work/relate/fit together before taking action
I love the art of dance
An audio/visual savant

What I believe:
Answers can be right, wrong, neither or both and this is OK
Absolutes are absolutely ridiculous
Creation and evolution are true
Deep change is a characteristic of authenticity
The beauty in the everyday is uncomparable to any work of art
Life is a gift from God and living it with intention is a form of gratitude
Respect is a gift, trust is earned
Prejudice is the 8th deadly sin, discrimination the 9th
No matter how hard you try to live life “right”, you can only get it less wrong
An unexamined life is simply not worth living {Aristotle}
With a cause, excellence is possible… without one, mediocrity is the best we can hope for
Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage {Anais Nin}
It's not if I believe in love but if love believes in me {Bono}

Key ingrediants:
Love is magic
Imagination is the first step towards living your wildest dreams
Asking for direction is a sign you’re right where you need to be
Admitting you’re weak is the strongest thing you can do
Listen to, and learn from, our children
If you are going to put someone “in a box”, make sure it’s only 3-sided and open to change
Serving others is far more powerful than any words you speak to them
Doing things you love will lead to living a life you love
If you are going through hell, keep going {Winston Churchill}

My melody line:
Where the streets have no name - U2
These are days - 10,000 Maniacs
Clocks - Coldplay
Poison and wine - The Civil Wars
Defying Gravity - Wicked

No comments:

Post a Comment